Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Banshee 02-03-09

What a great sesh at the Banshee last week. Here are some highlights...

I Buried my Wife/Hag at the Churn/The Swallow's Tail/Banish Misfortune

The place filled up early, and we warmed up with these jigs. By the end of the set we realized that we would have to shift the session over to the window. After we reconvened...

Farewell to Ireland/The Humours of Tulla

Emerald is absolutely savage on these tunes. Fair play to ya, dear.

Dinny O'Brien's/Farewell to Connaught/Craig's Pipes

If Seáinín and I have a signature set, it is these. I learned the first two from Dan Cummins and Bev Buchanan, who I wish would come up to Boston for a visit.

Farewell to Nova Scotia

This song is coming together nicely!

The Cottage in the Grove/The Otter’s Holt/McFadden’s Handsome Daughter

Seán leads off this classic North Connaught set.

The Star of Munster/The Wise Maid

Back Home in Derry

No comments:

Post a Comment